 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1550
Re: Teardrops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:01:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tore Eriksson writes:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Dave Schuler writes:
How the heck do I make good teardrop shapes in POV-Ray?  I've tried with all
manner of paired half-spheres, but I can't get the right "pinchiness" on the
narrow end.  I've also tried experimenting with splines and SOR formations,
but I can't generate the proper curve for the surface!

A half-sphere and a cone?

  A good suggestion!  Maybe I can play around with a half-sphere, an
open-ended cone, and a smaller half-sphere at the narrow end, but I'd kind
of like to retain the roundness rather than the straight surface of the
cone.  I'll have to experiment...

     Dave!