 CAD / 8872
Re: Overlapping polygons - how bad is it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 05:36:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson writes:
If, for example, I can use a n-4disc primitive but not a n-4ndis close to
it, I may want to let the polygon that touches the disc overlap a bit so
that there won't be any bleeding when the part is converted by L3P.

How "bad" is that overlap (if disc and polygon share the same color, of
course)? When does it present a problem (bigger than making the disc a polygon)?

/Tore

I don't really see any problem as long as the polygins are of the same
color.  Some may complain that improper use of overlaps make transparent
parts look wierd but I don't think that that's a significant enough problem
to prevent using this technique where convenient.

-Orion