 CAD / 8874
Re: Overlapping polygons - how bad is it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 23:20:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson writes:
If, for example, I can use a n-4disc primitive but not a n-4ndis close to
it, I may want to let the polygon that touches the disc overlap a bit so
that there won't be any bleeding when the part is converted by L3P.

How "bad" is that overlap (if disc and polygon share the same color, of
course)? When does it present a problem (bigger than making the disc a polygon)?

/Tore

IMHO it is bad if the part can exist in transparent.
Alpha-transparency makes any overlapping visible.
Otherwise it is harmless.

If you have no other solution and the part clearly exists in transparent
color(s), then "needs work" in the part name and related comment in part
code would certainly avoid any unfriendly vote in the PT.

Regards,

Damien