 CAD / 8862
Re: We should create a 973c01.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 02:30:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Erik Olson wrote:

I was just studying the minifig hips shortcut and had a thought. Would it
have been a good idea or not to use a subfile for the "studs" on minifig
hips? The question is really what justifies a subfile?

Hmm.  It might make sense to make a stud primitive for the minifig hips
studs.  But probably not a subfile.

OTOH, there's only one part that uses the minifig-hip-stud.  So a
primitive is not really justified.

I'm slowly making my bounding box code smarter, and first teaching it that
studs are meant to go inside other pieces, so minifig hips are a bit of a
problem because they have no real studs.

Ah.  Yes, I could see how that would be a problem.

Steve