 Administrative / Suggestions / 1153
Re: Language Choices and LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:32:52 GMT

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 08:22:41AM +0000, Mark Jordan wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, David Eaton wrote:
The best way would probably be to get posting setups associated with
member id's. So a member could log in to the website, try to
associate their posting setup, which sends their email address a
verification. They verify that that mail address is theirs, and then
that email address can send highlight spotlights the same way as
posts (requiring authentication).

That's what I was thinking - same as current posting authentication.

Except that this step isn't happening right now.  The server doesn't
actually know that this post is from member 179 - it just knows that
this email addressed has been allowed to post with these headers.

Yes, updating the posting setup form to save your member ID (you'd have
to do the setup while logged in) would solve this problem.  But I'd need
the administration's permission before looking at that code.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com