 Administrative / Suggestions / 1125
Re: Language Choices and LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:50:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   True but it seems that (although I admit I have little experience with collaborative filtering systems) revenge and retribution would be much easier to pull off. For example, I dislike someone so in revenge I get 20 of my friends to downcheck a post to the graveyard. A less sinister example would be a member who frequently has dislike post now posts a worthwhile message and the community immediately downchecks it as knee jerk reaction due to the poster and not the post itself.

Also, “mob rule” tends to maginalize the smaller factions. While for the most part this isn’t all bad, in some cases it is. How many Bionicle posts would have survived in the early days if Lugnet had a system like this in place?

Some old-timers may remember this thread.

--Todd