 Administrative / Suggestions / 1142
Re: Language Choices and LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:12:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Mark Jordan wrote:

Any others you can think of?

I think you're right that there is a tendency to not bother if something is
already on the top-ten list.  A couple of other possible reasons:
-don't highlight outside of chosen theme (i.e. the "I'm a castle guy so I don't
care about space" or vice versa attitude)
-figure others will do so
-figure others are more qualified to judge MOCs
-would rather give detailed commentary about what is good or bad in a post
rather than a single "thumbs-up" vote
-no time right now, will come back later and look through whole Brickshelf
gallery and vote later

Remember that back when we had the regular CLSOTW (Any word on bringing this
back?  I volunteered for this once.) we would usually get ~20 or so votes.  One
reason I heard was that some people felt they did not have time to go through a
whole site to give their verdict.  I never understood that; I mean, I have
(checks) 90 MB (yeesh) of pages and pics on my site, but I would hope that
someone could look at the front page and then just click on a few random
sections and decide whether they liked the site or not.  Even more so with a
single MOC, where you can usually look at a Brickshelf gallery of thumbnails and
click on one or two full-sized pics to look at details.

Bruce