 Administrative / Suggestions / 1117
Re: Language Choices and LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:31:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

It would also be nice to be able to retract your own "high/spot -light" as well.
For example, I know of one time, when I *wanted* to spotlight a moc, I gapped
out (it happens often) and unintentionally spotlighted my comments to said moc
instead.

I think you should be able to just select the default "---" choice in the
dropdown again, instead of "spotlight" or "highlight", and press submit and
voila.

Hope that helps.

Yes, I just did a little test with this one

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=2502

I was the first person to spotlight it when it came out. But he's got 13 others,
is at the top of the list and so I think I can safely retract now...

So I did.

you can click on the details link of a post with at least one highlight and it
shows you a histogram. it had 14. I set mine back to "---", submitted, and now
the histogram shows 13, and the "!!<" changed to "!!" meaning it knows I no
longer spotlighted it.

So ya, I assert it works the way I remembered. Hope that helps.