 Administrative / Suggestions / 1129
Re: Language Choices and LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:29:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Scott Arthur wrote:

   I would like to suggest a “down-light” option. Enough downlights could moderate a post into oblivion. Then you would truly have a representation of the “community” opinion on something.

You assume that the membership is representative of the community.(?)

Yes. You need to put some skin in the game, somewhere. Sure, you could allow “registered” users to downlight, but personally, I’d leave it to members, people who care enough to put the smallest of donations in.

Calum