 Administrative / General / 494
Re: what is this folow up thingy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 18:46:53 GMT

Selçuk wrote in message ...
Thanks for your help, but if you like talking this much after a
help...please simply don't help next time.

I waste a lot of my time every day "helping" people who haven't taken the
time to fiddle with the programs their having problems with.  You'll have to
forgive me if I say that after spending 7 seconds to find the answer to your
question it seemed like you hadn't spent a lot of time with it either.

I have to help all of those people.  I'm writing this because I wish to help
you.  You can either accept it or write another sarcastic reply - it's
really up to you.  I won't bother again.

By the way, my view menu (or no other menus) has no entry like "full
headers", as well as the help context of it, as I just mentioned before.

Here's the version of Outlook Express you are using:

Here's the version I am using:

4.72.3120.0

Looks like mine is a little newer than yours, although not by much.  If I
were you, considering all the security problems people are finding in
products like Outlook Express and Internet Explorer, I would consider using
another newsreader.  If you choose to use OE, though, the least I would do
is upgrade to the latest, supposedly secure, version.  That may just end up
fixing your problem.

Either you're not seeing what I'm seeing and it is really there (doubtful)
or your version doesn't have the same options under View as mine.  As I am
typing this now I see the Tools/Select Newsgroups menu item you mentioned
before.  I also see View/Full Headers.

Maybe that wasn't included as an option util after your version - who knows.

I use Windows Update with Windows 98 to download all the latest patches and
stuff, so I fired up Communicator 4.5, which was a lot of fun since I hadn't
gone through the bazillion options it wants you to configure before using
it, and found the page where you can download the latest patches to Outlook
Express.  Here it is.

http://www.microsoft.com/ie/ie40/oe/

Thanks, anyway...really.

Yeah, you're welcome ... really.