 Administrative / General / 462
Re: what is this folow up thingy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:37:39 GMT

No -- carbon copies are e-mail directives.  Followup-To is a NNTP header
field.

Followup-To specifies what newsgroup an article will go in when someone
posts a followup to it.

If you post message A in group X, and the Followup-To field of A is set to Y
instead of X, then when someone posts message B in reply to your message A,
instead of B going into X, B goes into Y.

Followup-To is a standard NNTP header field.  More details:

   http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/outerspace/netnews/son-of-1036.html#6.1

--Todd

"Selçuk GÖRE <teyyareci>" <sgore@SPAMsuperonline.com> writes:

Is it corresponding to the "carbon copy" field in outlook express?

Selçuk