 Off-Topic / Fun / 216
Re: what is this folow up thingy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:37:27 GMT

Once upon a time, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) wrote:

Computers don't break more often than cars.  Computer owners break
their computers more often than car owners break their cars.

If people did things like whipping into drive from reverse, poured
iced tea into their gas tank, drove with their eyes closed, and any
number of other silly things their cars would break as often as their
computers do.

And if I want a sunroof installed in my car, I take to a professional.
I don't try to do it myself.

Too bad the computer-car analogy breaks down at this point.  Users are
*supposed* to be able to install software themselves.  Unfortunately,
it isn't always that easy.  :(

Steve