 Administrative / General / 4087
Re: eudora thread bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 15:18:33 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Thompson writes:

In lugnet.admin.general, Rachel Kingston writes:

Hi again Jeff

OK you said not to be shy about asking so here I go again,
I am so confused!!!!!
I assumed that because I had downloaded the groups I wanted to suscribe to,
and I had a reply to group and a reply (by email to sender) button in the • tool
bar, that I would actully be able to do that! WRONG!!!

I can reply by email to the poster, by clicking on reply, but if I try to
post to the group from there I get a message to say that "No sender was
specified, please check your news account configuration"

I cannot find the newsgroups options in explorer, and in frustration, tried • to
follow your instructions for communicator, but when I clicked on • communicator
on the toolbar, newsgroups were not listed there as an option either!

I think I would prefer to use explorer, as I am familiar with it (unless • there
is a very good reason why communicator is superior, in that case I'll change
over)

Anyway.........HELP (please)

Rachel :-)

Sure, you might as well support The Borg and use the Microsoft
newsreader.  :^)

I'm at my Mac this evening and don't use Outlook Express on the Mac
-- so tomorrow, when I'm sitting in front of the Outlook Express
newsreader on my PC, I'll have a go at writing some documentation
about it if someone else hasn't jumped in by then.

If you read this before then, try right-clicking on the line
listing the lugnet news server and see if there's an
"edit preferences" or "edit account" choice.  *Somewhere* in the
preferences there's a place where you can get a list of news servers,
and you can choose one and edit its preferences to specify your email
address and your name.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"

Am feeling very humble here, but couldn't find either edit preferences or edit
account. Sorry. I'm still going to Lugnet and finding the message I want, and
clicking reply. This is dumb, I know, cause I shouldn't have to do this any
more. I am currently getting my messages as emails and with the news reader.