 Administrative / General / 4006
Re: eudora thread bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 06:54:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Thompson writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Rachel Kingston writes:
.admin.genIn lugneteral, Kevin Salm writes:

If you need more help in subscribing or reading messages via the netscape
communicator news reader, ask!  But the above steps should hopefully
at least get you to the point where you know how to launch your
newsreader software and have successfully configured your software
to find the LUGNET news server.  That's more than half the battle,
and figuring out how to subscribe and read the messages is a piece
of cake.  But if you need more help, don't be shy about asking.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"

Hi again Jeff

OK you said not to be shy about asking so here I go again,
I am so confused!!!!!
I assumed that because I had downloaded the groups I wanted to suscribe to,
and I had a reply to group and a reply (by email to sender) button in the tool
bar, that I would actully be able to do that! WRONG!!!

I can reply by email to the poster, by clicking on reply, but if I try to
post to the group from there I get a message to say that "No sender was
specified, please check your news account configuration"

I cannot find the newsgroups options in explorer, and in frustration, tried to
follow your instructions for communicator, but when I clicked on  communicator
on the toolbar, newsgroups were not listed there as an option either!

I think I would prefer to use explorer, as I am familiar with it (unless there
is a very good reason why communicator is superior, in that case I'll change
over)

Anyway.........HELP (please)

Rachel :-)