 Administrative / General / 3974
Re: eudora thread bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:33:47 GMT

Tim Courtney skrev i meddelandet ...
FYI, I've been trying to download Free Agent several times today.  At
download.com, none of the download sites work for it.  And at the Forte
website, I can't even find the program in their products list.  (if it is in
fact www.forte.com).

(http://www.forteinc.com I think...)

Try http://www.nonags.com and go to the 'newsreaders' section. There you can
find a lot of free newsreaders, I never had any problems at all downloading
from there (mirrors all over the world).

I use Free Agent a lot, and find it _very_ good, the only missing piece in the
free version is that you cannot _receive_ mail (although you can send), and
that you don't have killfiles.

At home I mostly use Outlook Express (from IE4.02 I think, not the latest
one), and I find it very good, very reliable, and easy to use - no big problem
with fonts, don't know how I did it, but almost every mail and news message is
shown in Courier fixed font, just as I want to have it (Some messages switch
fonts, but then I just switch to another group, and back again, and
everything's OK again).

Happy New Year,
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden