 Administrative / General / 3968
Re: eudora thread bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 06:15:32 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

I'll give it a try, but I have a vendetta against newsreaders.

That's wacky. Why? Seems rather predjudicial, and about as silly as
saying "I have a vendetta against spreadsheets".

They confuse me, I don't like them.  Is there something so fundamentally wrong
with that?  Its a personal preference.

Among those wacky settings are the ability to use a monospace font. I
use Netscapes newsreader and I admit it isn't the best, but it DOES
allow me to set the font in viewed posts to courier.

There's a plus...unlike Outlook/OE which practically shoves Arial down the
user's throat.

Son, you're coming off as a bit of a luddite. Use the right tool for the
job and stop pointing out reasons why your broken tool is the only thing
that's gonna work for you.

Why do my personal software preferences matter to you?  Is it your business
what I use to post with and read email with?  Is it your business if I like to
use the same thing for both of them.  Is it your business to tell me what to
do if I'm trying to 1) solve the problem, and 2) stick with an [IMO] reliable,
powerful, easy to use piece of software I'm 100% comfortable with and paid
money for?

I don't think so.

-Tim