 Administrative / General / 3981
3980  |  3982
Subject:
what is a newsreader? (Re: eudora thread bug)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:22:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Rachel Kingston" <Kingston@spirit.com.au> writes:
Ok guys  I really dont know what all this means, as a new computer user!! let
alone new Lugnetter, newsgroup reader etc etc....I was hoping you could help
ME????? (I really do want to know)

I am running windows NT on a pentium 111, have got netscape communicator, and
Internet explorer, but am only using explorer, I don't even know what a
newsreader is!
[...]

Rachel,

A couple of questions:

1.  What happens when you click this?--

    (Or, if that's not clickable, what happens when you open that URL in
    your web browser using the Open Location command?)

2.  If you go here in your web browser,

       http://www.lugnet.com/duplo/

    what happens when you click the icon along the top that says "NNTP"
    beneath it?

--Todd