 Trains / 9528
Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 06:08:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Todd Lehman writes:

Will be any new train sets coming out in 2001 or 2002?  Will there be a
Harry Potter Hogwarts Express train?  Any new bulk paks coming soon?

That kind of information would be covered under the NDA so I can't
specifically comment.

So you know then?

That kind of information would be covered under the NDA so I can't
specifically comment.

I'll try to upload a few pics later tonite or tomorrow, suffice it to say
I've never seen so many top top top shelf train MOCs in one place at one
time ever before.

MOCs at din?

After, last nite back at the hotel, and most all day during the meeting.
Train MOCs have a way of taking up the entire table, which is not prudent. I
prefer a clean machine.

I have uploaded some pics to the following brickshelf folder:

The POVray is my LDraw capture of the gift each of us was given, just
something Jorn doodled up for us. It, since it is an image of a design
originated from within TLC, is of course a realisation of a design
copyrighted by LEGO and the image should be treated as such.

The pics are festish, don't expect to see anything not yet publicly released.

But you will see pics of a rather fun and boisterous dinner Friday,
including one in which J2 is bending Brad's ear about something, oh, I
dunno, maybe 8 wides??? (and if Brad could take *that* intensity level he
can take anything...) We never actually had to tape J2 down but we did have
duct tape at the ready. (J2 will insist it was actually for me.)

Then there are pics from the afterdinner run/bull session, featuring a 7
loco (9 motor) lashup (work from James T, Steve B, Lar, and Mike P) pulling
a rather long freight train, just before the speed controller popped a
thermistor for a few minutes.

The "plastic land" pic was in the chinatown fleamarket section on the way
over in the morning, and it just somehow seemed fitting as a backdrop. We
ALL want something "for all your plastic needs".  LOL

Finally there's a group shot inside LD that I took late today just before we
all broke up.

Enjoy.

++Lar