 Trains / 9509
9508  |  9510
Subject:
From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 22:28:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I am under NDA so cannot go into a lot of detail, but I did want to post to
say that and several other Lego Trains stalwarts have just completed the
first ever LEGO(r) Train Summit. We have just spent Friday evening and all
day Saturday meeting with folks from Lego Direct including Brad Justus,
Peter Andersen, an LD product manager, Jorn Kristian Thomsen the lead Lego
trains designer from Billund, Jake McKee, producer, and Steven Hawco, in
charge of the Shop at Home operation.

The conversation was wide ranging and very productive. We discussed things
that LD is going to be doing, the future of the product line and ways to
leverage the productive relationship between LTCs and LD.

I am terrifically pumped up about this and very happy to have been among
those selected to attend. While it was impossible to have every single train
fan attend, we worked hard to make sure it was a representative cross
section of US train fans and that many viewpoints were represented.

The attendees included

John Neal – GMLTC
Steve Barile – PNLTC
Conan Collopy - GMLTC
John Gerlach – GMLTC
James Mathis - PNLTC
Dan Parker – PNLTC
Larry Pieniazek – poly-LTC
Mike Poindexter - BAYLTC
James Trobaugh - NGLTC

More will be forthcoming from us in days to come but I was so excited I had
to use LEGO connectivity (We're in NYC) to get this out in front of folks.

++Lar