 Trains / 9657
Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 17:11:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Although we are under NDA, I would say that we know a lot
less than many of you probably suppose, so asking for any kind of details
really is fruitless.  What is most important is that there is definitely a
dialog in place.  And it is ongoing.

Fine with that.
I've read everything that's been said, but here's my question:

While the future is probably unknown...
Did you come away with more of a sense that
a) LEGO will be responding to the things you are interested in, or
b) LEGO is far more focused on the future of the company - IRR, ROI, etc. and
they will continue to try new things, but only in so far as they produce the
bottom line results.

We already know the answer to that: b).

So if we want to get what we want, we'd better help them get what they want.
And there are ways we can, and probably ways we have yet to think of.

(scary, isn't it - I didn't even go, yet I'm pretty confident about the
conversations)

-Jon