 Trains / 9537
Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 13:03:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

1st good news in a long while.
Though it had better not be anything like the 4561.

I've said it before, it is my view that 4561 is a good product for the
market it is targeted at. Town Jr. is a good product for the market it is
targeted at. Bionicle is a good product for the market it is targeted at,
for that matter. None of those are targeted at us, so trashing them doesn't
accomplish much, really.

LEGO is not a monolith. The creation of products requires Product Managers.
LD has product managers now. 4561 did not come from the same place that
Statue of Liberty came from.

I wonder if they plan to have any meetings like this in other countries?

It was the *first* LEGO(r) Train Summit.

Germany seems very keen on trains.
Plenty of interest here in the UK too.

Perhaps I wont sell my Lego collection after all
Honest, I was so dissolutioned with their directions, I was on the verge!

Nothing... not the dissolution of the company, not the end of the minifig,
not the decision by the company to focus on WWF action figures, even, would
cause me to sell my collection. Stay focused. What TLC does can help us have
*more* fun but cannot in any way detract from the fun we have with our
current collections unless we *let* it detract. Stay focused.

Hypothetical examples of course.

++Lar