 Trains / 9527
Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 06:02:40 GMT

Brad Hamilton wrote:

I noticed that a portion of the sticker was off the piece, so I tried to
gently pull that part up.  Luckily, it came right up without any damage
whatsoever.  Even better, it left almost all of the discoloration and dirt
on the brick rather than the sticker!  So, I was able to pull both sides off
and re-mount them to new, clean, white bricks.

The stickers look a lot better now, and they are upright.  I'm glad you
pointed this out because it gave me more incentive to try to "restore" this
piece.  I was pretty unhappy with its condition before, but it turns out
that the sticker was fine, but the bricks on which it was mounted were
crappy.

I've been pretty impressed by LEGO stickers. They are made of a pretty
rugged paper and I have always found that if a sticker was stuck on well
(if not in quite the right position), that you can pretty much always
lift it and re-apply it (though I'm sure there is a pretty low limit for
the number of times you can re-use a sticker).

Frank