 Town / 2312
Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 03:55:34 GMT

I like the 4-sided building with an open-up roof because it allows for more
realistic architecture.

However, I think that I will eventually revert back to my classic 3-sided
"shell" or "facade" architecture.  This is because I have my layout in a
10x12 room (on one side).  There is absolutely no way for someone to look at
the back of the buildings (which is a shame since my Natural History Museum
is in the back).  Buildings in the front (like the transit terminal) can be
viewed from above (i.e. the removable roof), but other buildings cannot be
easily accessed.  So, why put in an interior or back wall in these cases?

I need a bigger LEGO room! (and I just got the one I have - Its actually the
same size as my old one, but we now have enough rooms in our new house so we
can have kids AND I am guaranteed to keep my LEGO room.)

James Powell <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

outside of this I did for the train show. It is my first 4 sided LEGO
building, I usually build Lego type building (3 sided, no stairs, etc).

(taken to .town because it is more about buildings than trains)

I actually favor the 3 sided building, for larger constructions.  Not so • much
the lack of stairs (which I usually fit) but the 3rd wall allows you to • have
superman vision, and see the inside of the building.  We used to build • most of
our buildings as 4 sides, no roof for the same reason.

How about other townies?  How do you go about building buildings to be • able to
see into them?

The 3 options I use are:
1. 3 walls, no back (detailed interior to some extent)
2. 4 walls, no roof (haven't done this in a while)
3. LOTS of tiles

Any other cool suggestions?

James P