 Trains / 17111
Re: Now what?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 19:27:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Horst Lehner writes:
Hello Jason,

<snip>

The 9V system is far superior to the 12V center-rail track.

OK, so we're missing a power tap-off for motorised points etc.,

I'm also missing the possibility to tap-off current from the train wheels.
When this is possible, then we can add lights (LED's)in our passenger /
freight cars. Just thinking on the red light that you find back on the last
freight car to note the end of the train. You find this also back on
passenger cars.

Lots of "etc", to be precise; Signals, decouplers, remote controlled level
crossings. And of course some stuff that didn't exist back in the 80s as
well ...

but the current train models are much better.

Better than a 7740? Well, not according to my taste ...

Make the needed parts available through bulk parts (yellow train windows in
1*2*3 [http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4035] with apropriate
glass [http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4036] and
1*4*3 [http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4033]with apropriate
glass [http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4034] and yellow train
doors) and we'll get a lot closer to our goal. The train base plates are
alreddy available as bulk part (3737).

Regards,
Ludo Soete