 Trains / 17090
Re: Now what?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 15:23:25 GMT

Nice thought.  When you examine what LEGO has been putting out recently in
its train line what do you see?  My eyes see this wonderful thing called
variety.  You've got Metroliner, Santa Fe (and cars for it!), the small and
large train engines with cars for them.  Why not come out with two different
stations?

Yes, the 2150 and 4554 are great sets.  Re-release one of them as a Legend
set?  OK, sounds fine.  BUT, can we get some architectural variations rather
than just color ones?

Heck, when I ride the Amtrak Surfliner between San Diego and L.A., Solana
Beach station is not the same as Irvine station (couldn't find a good photo)
is not the same as Fullerton station.  One thing that has caught my eye of
all three station is the possibility that all three could be constructed
from currently available parts (bulk or other sets).

Pictures of Solana Beach station:
http://www.360360.com/stations/sol.html

Pictures of Fullerton station:
http://www.360360.com/stations/ful.html

I'm not saying those stations should be ones LEGO has to model by.  Having a
station of a Victorian style and another one more contemp (NOT 4556) or a
Southwest adobe would be great.  As long as they have the character of the
particular style associated with actual stations is the most important thing
to me.

Adrian Egli
http://www.scltc.org/

"Dan" <outsailing86@yahoo.com> wrote in message
After we all recieve these nice Lego cars designed by James Mathis, we are
going to need a Train Station. To be honest, I would rather see a Station • than
a B-unit or Steam Engine wheels. But, I don't know, what does everyone • else
think? I also think they should have released the Engine Shed but that • never
happened. We need a station like 2150 that doesn't display a attempt of
"juniorization" or trying to appeal to younger markets. Maybe Lego Direct • could
release 2150 again as a Legend.
Hopefully, someday Trains will be as good as it once was.
Dan