 Trains / 17099
Re: Now what?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:26:03 GMT

I would love to see an Orient Express!  But seriously, the "Americanization"
of the trains has got me as well.  A revised 7745 TGV (fell in love when I
first saw it in '85) using more current parts or something really new as an
ICE would certainly attract the attention of both sides.

BTW, isn't about time they dumped the 4561 Railway Express anyway??

Adrian Egli
http://www.scltc.org/

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message

I agree though that there needs to be some new non-American models.

The shift from the old 9v models being loosely based on European • prototypes
to the new ones being based on US prototypes is I believe due to the fact
that LD is based in US and therefore comissioning US designs.

While I'm sure the US market makes up a significant proportion of those • that
buy trains, please, LD, don't forget us Europeans. Let's have some
European-styled diesels, hoppers, vans, 4 wheeled wagons, 0-4-0 shunters,
even the Mallard for Jason!

OTOH, I am more than happy to be able to get trains of any kind. I'll be
buying the Santa Fe cars, but immediately building something more UK
prototypical with them...

Huw