 Trains / 17103
Re: Now what?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 20:35:22 GMT

Hello Jason,

Bear in mind that an awful lot of Lego train enthusiasts look at these and
think "Metroliner -> Amtrak -> American.  Big red caboose -> American.
Santa Fe -> American.  Silver carriages -> American.  When are we going to
see some variety?" (or whatever that sounds like in German...)

With the exception of the Metroliner, this is exactly why I don't own any of
these sets. I have to admit I am tempted to get some of them just for parts,
because they do have really cool parts. But I am more into 12V anyway, even
though in terms of how the power gets into the train motor, yes, ...

The 9V system is far superior to the 12V center-rail track.

OK, so we're missing a power tap-off for motorised points etc.,

Lots of "etc", to be precise; Signals, decouplers, remote controlled level
crossings. And of course some stuff that didn't exist back in the 80s as
well ...

but the current train models are much better.

Better than a 7740? Well, not according to my taste ...

Greetings

Horst