 Trains / 17104
Re: Now what?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 01:17:23 GMT

Nice thought.  When you examine what LEGO has been putting out recently in
its train line what do you see?  My eyes see this wonderful thing called
variety.  You've got Metroliner, Santa Fe (and cars for it!), the small and
large train engines with cars for them.

Bear in mind that an awful lot of Lego train enthusiasts look at these and
think "Metroliner -> Amtrak -> American.  Big red caboose -> American.
Santa Fe -> American.  Silver carriages -> American.  When are we going to
see some variety?" (or whatever that sounds like in German...)

A lot of LEGO trains in the past have been bland generic ones.  I really
like the more specific designs we've seen recently, and I wish I could
afford them all.  But, I think they could vary the nationality a bit now.
Time to re-iterate the call for a model of the "Mallard" perhaps?

The other night I was looking through a curent Marklin catalog and something
occured to me...the shape of the front/rear ends of current Euro freight
engines is just about identical to the shape of the canopy on Jango Fett's
ship, all it would take for TLG (or anyone else for that matter) to build
one would be a little paintwork to outline the windscreen and side
windows...hmmmm.