 Space / 38660
38659  |  38661
Subject:
I over-reacted. + Some thoughts on the curatorship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:51:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Okay, yesterday was a REALLY bad day for me (online drama + problems at work and
at home, etc) and Keith's post was the straw that broke the camel's back.  After
some intensive beer therapy and excessive vomitting, I'm back.

So this is what I came up with: from now on, the MOC Highlight is going to be
renamed "Lenny's MOC Highlight" - with the implication that this is what >I<
have been impressed with and want to give the spotlight.  This will be any MOC,
whether posted to Lugnet, to CSF, to BrickShelf or anywhere else that I find it.

It will be work that I think is the best of the past few days.  And it will
feature MOCs by people who are my friends, people who are acquaintances, and
people I've never met before - what interests me in this is MOC quality.

If you disagree with me, or feel that I've someone out who deserves recognition,
then sending me an email is best.  That way we can talk about it without me
feeling put out in the spotlight where I'm forced to say something like "Keith's
work is good, sure, but its not THAT good.  Tom's fighter is just better than
what Keith made, so I'm keeping Tom on the highlight."

To begin this new highlight, I'm gonna break a rule and put up more than one.
Space MOCs have been fiercely good lately, and I wanna pass out the recognition.

On a related note, Mark stepped down, and took his awesome graphics.  I'll be
working on making some new ones so bear with me.  I want to get this all up and
ready by the end of the night tonight.

Once again, Sorry for the drama everyone and thanks for the kind words.

-Lenny