 Space / 38607
Subject:
One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:00:48 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Mr. Lenny, what's going on with the MOC highlight?  While the current MOC the
"Fugli" is without a doubt excellent and deserving of the spotlight, since the
builder couldn't be troubled to post an announcement to Lugnet, should it really
be there?  Maybe it should, I'm just posing a question.  I understand why the
work of Japanese builders has been highlighted in the past, they have the excuse
of a language barrier.  I, for one, would like to see works featured by non
CSF-clubhouse members, or at least CSF members who can be bothered to
cross-post.  You guys have your own private Idaho away from Lugnet, so it is
difficult to understand why you (the clubhouse) keep attempting to dominate this
forum.  Let it go, open things up.

I anticpate your argument that..."well Keith, these mocs get highlighted because
they are the best of the best, not because of any agenda or bias."
I'm not buying it Lenny, my friend, I'm just not buying it.  There have been
deserving mocs that have not made the highlight (none of them were mine, so I
can't be accused of sour grapes), and I can provide you a list if you need it.
Maybe this is all just a big coincidence, but since you guys (CSF clubhouse) are
so sensitive to charges of elitism, you might consider opening up the "MOC
Highlight" feature to a few people beyond your core group, or at least to those
who can be troubled to post an announcment to this forum.

Before anyone gets too excited, Lenny and I are buddies, and this has nothing to
do with the ongoing drama surrounding his larger administrative duties.

-Keith

Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"
I, for one, would like to see works featured by non
CSF-clubhouse members, or at least CSF members who can be bothered to
cross-post.

Maybe this is all just a big coincidence, but since you guys (CSF clubhouse) are
so sensitive to charges of elitism, you might consider opening up the "MOC
Highlight" feature to a few people beyond your core group, or at least to those
who can be troubled to post an announcment to this forum.

What does CSF stand for?

Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"
I, for one, would like to see works featured by non
CSF-clubhouse members, or at least CSF members who can be bothered to
cross-post.

Maybe this is all just a big coincidence, but since you guys (CSF clubhouse) are
so sensitive to charges of elitism, you might consider opening up the "MOC
Highlight" feature to a few people beyond your core group, or at least to those
who can be troubled to post an announcment to this forum.

What does CSF stand for?

Classic Space Forum  http://www.classic-space.com/forum/

-Duane

Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"
I'm crapping my pants like a lactose-intolerant chimp in diapers right now

-Keith

Why are you so angry?  Relax.

-nk

Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"
He's just mad because Lenny was effing up the rotation...it's puff-puff-give...

Derek

Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"