 Space / 38631
Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:16:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
this is supposed to be fun.  the moc highlight isnt something worth ranting and
raving about.  keith thinks im a part of the space elite, and that i only put
other members of the space elite on the highlight.  fine.  he thinks im doing a
bad job.  okay.  im out.  enough of this.

ive taken off the highlight, and deleted my name from the curator list.  if
someone else wants to do this, fine.. they can.  whatever.

You're right, it is supposed to be fun, deep breath now, hold, exhale, good.  To
quote Walter, "Dude, you're being very un-Dude right now."  And yes Lenny, I
just compared you to the Dude from The Big Lebowski, which is very high praise
indeed.

And what I'm saying is, first of all, Goldie's post was actually worded kinda
diplomatically (well, worded diplomatically for him).  His basic question was,
"is it a Good Thing or a Bad Thing that the Lugnet .space MOC highlight is
highlighting things that the builder doesn't even bother to post on Lugnet
itself?"

Which is a fair question.

And in my opinion, the answer is yes, it is a Good Thing to highlight such MOCs.
Because let's face it, I barely have time to read Lugnet, much less every other
AFOL-related website that's out there.  And when I do peruse the .space group on
Lugnet, I like seeing a great MOC, regardless of who made it.  And of course,
anything that makes my life better is what you guys should be doing, since I
spend so much of my time saving the world and all.  It's the least you can do,
really.  So please Lenny, come back, show me cool MOCs.

Besides, I think this whole thing is a plot by non-spacers (probably those
no-goodnik train pukes) to split up the ruling class (that's spacers for any
castle guys reading this).  So if there's no .space MOC highlight, then the
terrorists, er, train pukes have already won.  Don't let the train pukes win,
Lenny.

PS, when something is spotlighted on the main Lugnet page and it has, say, 13
spotlights and one think everyone hates oneself, realize that there are over
2000 registered Lugnetters who didn't spotlight that post and who mainly wish
that people would spend more time playing with Lego or otherwise making the
world a better place and less time whining about the impact that little pieces
of plastic have on their lives.

Derek