 Space / 38607
  One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

Mr. Lenny, what's going on with the MOC highlight? While the current MOC the "Fugli" is without a doubt excellent and deserving of the spotlight, since the builder couldn't be troubled to post an announcement to Lugnet, should it really be there? (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space) !!

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) What does CSF stand for? (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) Classic Space Forum (URL) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) Why are you so angry? Relax. -nk (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) He's just mad because Lenny was effing up the rotation...it's puff-puff-give... Derek (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) Are you offering to be a co-curator of lugnet.space or just complaining? If you want to be a co-curator, just let either of us know. We can get you access privileges. If you're just complaining, talk to the hand. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

actually i was gonna pull the old "its the end of my first semester of grad school and i was writing a few papers, resigning from lugnet, and just busy all around." this REALLY is NOT the way to bring something like this up. thanks for the vote of (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) It wasn't my intention to petition for co-curatorship, but I wouldn't turn down the opportunity. I didn't realize complaining was prohibited. (...) I'll do that. (...) Guess I struck a nerve. -Keith (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) My post had nothing to do with the speed at which you update the MOC Highlight, you are confusing that with my rant from a few months ago. In fact, you have been great about keeping it updated. (...) It isn't? Should I have taken it to the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

to answer my own post- the other reason why there hasnt been an update is that there has just been so many great mocs the past few days.. i didnt know how to pick just one. but im gonna make a list and get the really really good ones up there.. (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) No you're right. I read a bit too quickly because I've been a little stressed lately. Your post was about me spotlighting someone who SHOULDN"T be spotlighted. I don't care about where Tom posted the FUGLI. Some manufactured rivalry between (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

this is supposed to be fun. the moc highlight isnt something worth ranting and raving about. keith thinks im a part of the space elite, and that i only put other members of the space elite on the highlight. fine. he thinks im doing a bad job. okay. (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) Actually, I questioned (questioned) whether or not he should be spotlighted when he doesnt post the moc to Lugnet, then I went off on an anti CSF rant. (...) Fair enough, all I was looking for was a little explanation...well, that and poke at (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) NOTE: Yes, this post is pointless and only fuels the fire, but I have to defend Keith. He's right. How wrong you are Keith. Don't you know the silent majority is always behind you! You speak for the common LUGNETer my friend! HUAH! BTW, I (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Hang in there, Dude (was Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight")

(...) Lenny, I'm not sure people realized everything you are up to, plus close involvement in several FOL sites. I certainly didn't. I just want to point out that in times like this, when you have so much going on, I've found it helpful to: * step (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people.support)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) You're right, it is supposed to be fun, deep breath now, hold, exhale, good. To quote Walter, "Dude, you're being very un-Dude right now." And yes Lenny, I just compared you to the Dude from The Big Lebowski, which is very high praise indeed. (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) I agree, come back Lenny, we can work things out...it'll be different this time baby...I can quit the smack....really I can. Seriously, come back Lenny, lets bury the hatchet, smoke the peace pipe, make fun of Soren Roberts together. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) Oh it's not prohibited. It just would have been better handled via email. This is just an example of more of the inflammatory kind of thing that has been far too prevalent at LUGNet lately. (...) All righty. I'll send Lar an email. Since (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) In danger of being pelted with bley bricks, I just was to say that I agree with what Mladen and Keith said. And now back to building... -- Nathan Wells (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) (pelts Nathan with reddish-brown bricks instead) ;-) -Tom McD. (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) Or Frank. (...) I hope you don't do that! I think it's really neat how .space has so many co-curators... Keith just likes to push buttons but unlike some, I think he isn't doing it because he doesn't like the button-push-ee, it's just his way (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) (URL) Nathan, I'm sorry for your poor treatment as shown above. It was just Tuesday and I'm sure it still stings. As for all this "elitism" and "clubhouse" talk. I don't get it. Its about bricks and building better. CSF is not in competition (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) Don't bother writing me! Frank's in charge of taking resignations from people who really shouldn't be resigning. AND he's not accepting any right now. (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

I wasn't going to post (Lord knows I hardly ever do), but I did want to comment: I joined CSF when it first went up, but it quickly didn't seem all that friendly. No where near as friendly as lugnet.space; I realized that part of it is probably that (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

How in the $%#@ did this post get spotlighted? (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) (please note, this is a silly post, not to be confused with sarcasm) I believe there is a pull down, next to "Highlight this article" and then somebody pushes the "Submit" button. :) Mark (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  One angry man's whining about the "MOC highlight" and his need to be a loner

Wow, the ivory tower that was lugnet.space has finally fallen to the pettiness that has fouled the rest of lugnet. And all it took was one man, a viral attack, and a pack of lies. Then everyone jumps on the bandwagon to make lugnet.space sound like (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) First off, I've got nothing whatsoever to say about Keith's post. That's his deal and I really don't have an opinion one way or another. And obviously I don't need to say anything to shut down your yawn-worthy elitist comment. It's that tired. (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space) !

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

(...) Maybe not the list, but can you give a few examples? (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's whining about the "MOC highlight" and his need to be a loner

(...) And the crowd goes wild! (...) That's not fair. While I'd love to take sole credit for such a demolition, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Freemasons, I couldn't have done it without the Freemasons... well...and Little Debbie (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  I over-reacted. + Some thoughts on the curatorship

Okay, yesterday was a REALLY bad day for me (online drama + problems at work and at home, etc) and Keith's post was the straw that broke the camel's back. After some intensive beer therapy and excessive vomitting, I'm back. So this is what I came up (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Thanks Lenny + My Revised Thoughts About CSF

(...) Thank you Lenny. I'm glad to see your quick return! :D While I am at it, I want to explain my below post: (URL) always try to stay out of these types of discussions, but today I was feeling a but grumpy and posted. Well, I've looked back and (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Thanks Lenny + My Revised Thoughts About CSF

(...) What about vig-head? Bruce (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One angry man's complaint about the "MOC highlight"

I don't mind that kind of silly! :-) But it's REALLY silly to highlight whining. 'nuff said, rant off. (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: I over-reacted. + Some thoughts on the curatorship

I really don't see what was so bad about the MOC Highlight being from other places, I believed it allowed builders here to see really good MOCs they would normally not see. So there are my 2 bricks. ~Chappie (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.space)