 Publishing / Brick Journal / 57
Re: A new project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:16:40 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Joe Meno wrote:
   Hi all,

it’s with a great deal of pride that I announce the first issue of  BrickJournal

Nice one, but geez, yet another interview with Brendan Powell Smith ;)

Just wondering though; is it intended to be a magazine for AFOLs or about AFOLs? If it’s the former, there’s not a lot in there that we don’t know already, and if it’s the latter, it should probably be marketed more at people other than AFOLs. But it’s an excellent beginning, and thanks for springing it on us without warning - it was such a nice surprise.

Allister

Allister,

My quick answer is: Yes!

Actually, BrickJournal is meant to be both a magazine for reference for AFOLs and a magazine for the general public to see and possibly join the community. It could be said that the mag is slightly schizophrenic, but basically what I want to say was, “Look at the great things the LEGO community does....want to join?”

After seeing the general reaction from those within the community and those outside, I can say that I was in the ballpark :-)

And if you’re wondering why I picked the articles I did (yes, it was my final decision), my criteria was to highlight the community - and The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith article was one of the first articles finished and put to bed because of not only the person, but the interview. Magnus Lauglo used a different angle for his article, and it became a fascinating read for me.

Thanks for the compliments! And there will be some more surprises:-)!

Joe
ed./pub, BrickJournal