 Publishing / Brick Journal / 13
Re: A new project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:31:16 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Calum Tsang wrote:
   In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Kevin Blocksidge wrote:

   You should work on the picture quality, though. You need to get higher-res pictures in many cases.

I suspect during PDF export they were crunched to save file space. For those of us hosting mirrors this is a good thing! :)

I’m sure the print version is much clearer.

Calum
Calum is indeed correct. We built the magazine using professional printing software (Adobe InDesign) at a full 300dpi for 8.5 x 11. Needless to say, that download is over 100 Mb.

As for all the other comments here, thank you so much. We are very excited about this as well. And believe me when I say all of the suggestions above have been brought up before. We decided to work on the magazine itself though and get a good finished product. Please keep the feedback coming.

Geoff Gray - Brickjournal Staffer