 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 215
Re: New VLC Logo Idea -- TLC's reply
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:08:56 GMT

Wow!!  Leave the forum for awhile, and things heat up!!

I like this logo. I think it's pretty sharp. I especially like the mountains
in the word Vancouver. Very stylish. The (r) after LEGO needs to be
superscript, though. That is the standard way that the trademark symbols are
done, (both TM and (r)) they are significantly smaller than the text they are
associated with and either flush or slightly above the top edge of that text.

Right, and duly noted!  Thanks for spotting that.

I read a fair bit of this thread and I think some of you are overreacting a
bit. Just my opinion. The changes that TLC asked for are reasonable, IMHO. To
the extent that we come off as passionnate, yet reasonable, we will get
reasonable responses as well.

Granted.  I thought TCL would be a lot more lenient, but I completely
understand their position.  There is still a lot of room for us to be
creative and represent "the toy" while not drawing the ire of TLC's
legal dept.

Here's a guy that took the time to research a fair bit of precedent, cited
reasons for everything he asked for, showed some reasonableness in his
response and even thanked you for asking, and some of you are ready to lynch
him. To the extent that TLC reads these groups, one has to ask if you're
setting the right tone. My opinion and my opinion only.

Agreed.  I was simply disappointed and stated that.  At least I
apologized beforehand.  :-)

I completely understand TLC's position, and will be happy to live
within the bounds set by them.  After all, without TLC, who would have
any fun!!!

Robin