 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 210
Re: New VLC Logo Idea -- TLC's reply
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 07:02:43 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:
I whipped up a quick and dirty modification to the original logo.  The
"piece" is a top down view of a corner slope, minus the text on top of
the stud.  Anyone not familiar with Lego will probably not even
recognize this image for what it is (and hence not "confuse" our fan
site with TLC's).  A "true fan", however, will know immediately (I
suspect) what it is, and think something like "Gee, I sure wish I had
more of those ...".    ;-)

Link is at:

Robin

P.S.  I also added the "(R)" and moved the maple leaf from the middle
to the right end.

I like this logo. I think it's pretty sharp. I especially like the mountains
in the word Vancouver. Very stylish. The (r) after LEGO needs to be
superscript, though. That is the standard way that the trademark symbols are
done, (both TM and (r)) they are significantly smaller than the text they are
associated with and either flush or slightly above the top edge of that text.

I read a fair bit of this thread and I think some of you are overreacting a
bit. Just my opinion. The changes that TLC asked for are reasonable, IMHO. To
the extent that we come off as passionnate, yet reasonable, we will get
reasonable responses as well.

Here's a guy that took the time to research a fair bit of precedent, cited
reasons for everything he asked for, showed some reasonableness in his
response and even thanked you for asking, and some of you are ready to lynch
him. To the extent that TLC reads these groups, one has to ask if you're
setting the right tone. My opinion and my opinion only.

Ya, I'm sorry for my messages earlier. I canceled both of them. I'm having a
REALLY bad week and that didn't help any...

I keep forgetting that more then just our club can read this forum. I don't
really know if that's appropriate.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html