 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 197
Re: New VLC Logo Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 03:27:40 GMT

I've contacted TLC's legal department.  I'll repartee with him to get this
all worked out.  I'll let you know as I know.

Xan

Robin Sather <robinsather@hotmail.com> wrote in message

And a custom colour brick... I mean, I would love to  have one with a • purple
brick and others may want other colours.  How difficult is it to offer
different coloured bricks in the logo?

Extraordinarily easy.  Different colours, shadings (lit from above,
below, etc.), textures (marble, wood, etc.).  No problem.

This was essentially my thought.  For example, the brick itself in
different colours (or whatever) could be hyperlinking buttons, etc.

I agree with Dean... I can find out
who to talk to... as much I like to deny it, getting information is my
forte.

I suspect the very act of us approaching them for permission will
grant us that permission.  Has anyone read the recent post from Brad
Justus (Lego Direct) regarding the pulling of the 2001 info from
Lugnet.  In his explanation of the incident, he also stresses that TLC
is beginning to "get it", meaning essentially that the corporation is
wising up to the fact that AFOL's in general, and Lugnet specifically,
represent substantial buying power and a networking force that can be
used in public, either for good, or for bad (in TLC's eyes).  It looks
as though they will increasingly be more supportive of AFOL's, clubs,
fan-sites, fan-zines, etc.  Events like the PNLTC attempt reinforce
this belief.  Think about how much "free" publicicity TLC received
from the event.  Tons.  All done completely independently of TLC
itself.  They have to take notice of that.

Robin