 Off-Topic / Debate / 26265
Re: MADE IN CHINA?!?!!?!?! that's IT Lego Re: Lego changes CEO...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 05:26:32 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Ka-On Lee wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
Lego, you darn well better absolutely
NOT use slave labor & conditions!!!! (although that's probably what they're
counting on to cut costs by going to china.  I don't wanna hear about poor
abused children being forced into making one of the best toys invented FOR
children.  way to go Lego, you really tick me off.

That is some rather ignorant ranting.  Why would you expect those single kids,
spoiled by two parents and four grand parents, would be forced to work?  And
what is this "slave labor"?  Some cold war garbage?

Yes you really tick me off too.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight, and the majority of China's factory labor force is
upper-middle class, university educated!?!

Bad factory environments exist in much of the Global South, and China in no
exception! Some generalizations are valid, simply because they still apply.

Peace,

             --==Richard==--