 LEGO Company / 2405
Re: MADE IN CHINA?!?!!?!?! that's IT Lego Re: Lego changes CEO...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:17:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:

Snip

Follow-up: In the Danish TV News, in two interviews,
the new CEO said, that most of the production would probably be moved to China
(where Click-its and many parts are already made)

Snip

Arne, Copenhagen

well, i weathered the color change, & lego ultra-juniorization/B.U.R.P etc.
garbage, but this might break it for me.  Lego, you darn well better absolutely
NOT use slave labor & conditions!!!! (although that's probably what they're
counting on to cut costs by going to china.  I don't wanna hear about poor
abused children being forced into making one of the best toys invented FOR
children.  way to go Lego, you really tick me off.

Jeff

Yes all that and now the possibity that MegaBlocks and Lego being made in the
same manufacturing plant.  They'll just take the better ones and put them in the
"Lego" bin with the poorer ones going to the other knock offs.

-Patrick