 LEGO Company / 2386
Subject:
Lego changes CEO after new losses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:36:53 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi,

Just noticed this press release:

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=12504&countrycode=2057

Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen retires, and LEGOLAND parks will be a seperate company,
after new losses this year.

Arne, Copenhagen

Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:49:30 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
Hi,

Just noticed this press release:

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=12504&countrycode=2057

Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen retires, and LEGOLAND parks will be a seperate company,
after new losses this year.

Arne, Copenhagen

Wow, Jørgen Vig Knudstorp looks really young for a CEO of a company the size of
LEGO. Good for him, I hope he can make it happen for LEGO.

jt

Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses
In lugnet.lego, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
   Hi,

Just noticed this press release:

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=12504&countrycode=2057

Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen retires, and LEGOLAND parks will be a seperate company, after new losses this year.

Arne, Copenhagen

Wow, the new CEO is only 35 years old - he was 8 or 9 when Space came out!

Good luck to Mr. Knudstorp!

Marc Nelson Jr.

Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses
   In lugnet.lego, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
   Hi,

Just noticed this press release:

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=12504&countrycode=2057

Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen retires, and LEGOLAND parks will be a seperate company, after new losses this year.

Arne, Copenhagen

Wow, the new CEO is only 35 years old - he was 8 or 9 when Space came out!

Good luck to Mr. Knudstorp! Marc Nelson Jr.

He’s AFOL age. (average age being 30 ish, not based on any real numbers, just an observation) and probably remembers classic space as a kid. Good news!!!!

Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses
Wow, the new CEO is only 35 years old - he was 8 or 9 when Space came out!

Yeah, he’s a sharp cat. As I understand, Kjeld is stepping down as planned (he came back into the daily operations fold to help get things back on track). Now that the Action Plan is in place and seems to be working, he’s turning over daily operations his hand picked successor.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison