 LEGO Company / 2393
Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:07:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
Hi,

Just noticed this press release:

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=12504&countrycode=2057

Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen retires, and LEGOLAND parks will be a seperate company,
after new losses this year.

Arne, Copenhagen
Follow-up: In the Danish TV News, in two interviews,
the new CEO said, that most of the production would probably be moved to China
(where Click-its and many parts are already made)
and
KKK said that the trouble for LEGO was that they had focused too much on growth,
and had becomed too dependant on licensed products, as opposed to the basic
brick !!!!
and furthermore it was mentioned, that KKK will give 800 mill DKr (appx 140 mill
US dollars) of his own personal fortune to TLC.

Arne, Copenhagen