 LEGO Company / 2426
Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:34:12 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jeff Findley wrote:
   ... I think stores where you can “pick a brick” would do much to increase sales.

I’ve spent a lot of time at Pick-A-Bricks (LLCA, DDT Anaheim, Glendale Galleria) and my observations suggest they are great for us, but not the average customer. My eperiences is that the average visitor says “wow” when they see all the items, but in the end buys nothing. The next most common customer fills a bag at a PAB by weight and has it weighed, realizes it’s way too expensive, and quietly stashes the bag someplace to avoid having to sort it back into bins.

I recall one day at DDT where 4 of us spent 3 hours packing large cups. About 20 people came by with the “wows” and not one of them bought any bricks.

-Ted