 LEGO Company / 2412
Re: A Day in the Life (was:Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses_
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 03:48:26 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Thomas Main wrote:
   he blew his resources on bionicles

Yup, it’s a darn shame that he put money into a non-licensed product that so took the world by storm that while it was still fairly obscure it ranked as the top selling ACTION FIGURE line (beating Star Wars, Power Rangers, etc.), all by itself, with no help from any other more “pure” LEGO theme. Yeah, it’s too bad that they’re pulling in so much profit on one theme, and that it’s proved to be a marketable enough property that they can make money on licensing fees from other companies, rather than the other way around.

   while mega bloks had just released na-no

Yeah, they did, and it’s a cute concept (one that probably won’t get them sued, either), but I stand by my position that the 1:1 height/width ratio is going to prove to be a severe limiter on construction possibilities. Any hardcore Schliem fan can tell you how useful it is to be able to pull off minor offsets that are only possible because of the 6:5 height/width ratio.