 Marketplace / Shopping / 8860
8859  |  8861
Subject:
Clearance Mom's (was Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 00:04:38 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kevin Johnston writes:
Believe it or not, Lego is rilly rilly popular with families.  ;-)

Seriously, the last Target I was in, last weekend at the 50% level, there
must have been 12 or 15 people walking up and down the clearance aisles --
most with kids in tow, and clearly NOT AFOLs (or AFOToys in general).

No kidding.  These Target mom's are scaring me!

I was at a Target on wednesday morning because I had a hunch things would go
to 75%.  As I walked through, the place looked the same as usual, then I hit
the toy isle.

Utter savagery, moms running up and down the isles dumping stuff into their
cart and then making a little pile under the price scanner as they checked
prices.   I'll admit, I soon joined in the foray as well as this was my
first 75% off Target experience, but I never expected to see anything like this.

So not only are we trying to beat other AFOL's to the merchandise but we now
have to deal with the "clearance moms" and let me tell ya, they are a
hungrier shopping animal.  But hey, they still have a ways to go before they
can spot a 4561 from 40 feet away. :)

sun