 Marketplace / Shopping / 8816
Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:09:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Renard Graham writes:
Where the heck is this store. I have 6 Targets in my commute loop and none
of them had anything like this left even at the 50% level, especially the
railway expresses.
Hey Renard,
I'm in Texas!  Home of the wide open spaces!  The trick to finding legos
down here is that we have fairly large communities/towns that are pretty
much located in no-where land!  The population is mostly farmers, ranchers
and such, and they don't like to spend a lot on toys.  So the stores don't
move a lot of merchandise.  By seeking these type of places out, I can find
stuff that wouldn't last a day in the larger cities!  I don't even try
there.  Also, I usually end up driving 200 miles or more seeking out these
places.  This store had 14 of those railway sets at 50% less than a week
before.  I thought there would be at least half of them left!  I suspect
some afol may have beaten me to it.  So it's not easy finding stuff even in
no-where land!  Sometimes it just takes a little luck and timing.  I think I
was lucky this time.  Believe me that it doesn't happen that often.  You
have to just keep trying...
regards,
Tom