 Marketplace / Shopping / 8838
Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:50:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dave Johann writes:

Okay, it's time for me to reveal what's been happening in Los Angeles' San
Fernando Valley. I saw most of what Tom mentioned on Wednesday morning as I
was one of the cutthroats Maggie C. mentioned. Other notable items I saw but
did not buy:
RIS 2.0 @ 75% off ($49, I believe)
Tons of Railway Expresses @ $32 (10 at one store, 27 at another)
The bigger Dino sets (6719,6720,6721,6722) @ $2.44 each

I managed to track down 1 Railway Express at 75% off here in Nashville.  A
week ago I bought 2 at 50% off.  By the time I went around to 3 of the
Targets near me Thursday morning most of the Lego was gone.  I did find a
Spinosaurus attack JP3 Studio set and the Technic C3PO at 75% off.

My best find, though, was 31 Arctic value packs.  They were still marked at
50% off but were sitting next to the 75% off sign.  A Target manager called
up to the registers and told them to ring them up for me at 75% off.  When I
got up there the fellow at the register insisted on taking 75% off the
already marked down price.  So I paid $1.25 each.

If anyone was willing to ship me some Railway Express sets for $45 each
shipping included (to Nashville) I'd be thrilled.

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/