 Marketplace / Shopping / 8828
Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:59:01 GMT

There are a bunch of places in Texas that are ripe for picking!  I've had
really good luck in the northeast area!  I've always wanted to check out the
southern points.  Maybe someday I will!  I have a few spots that might still
have some good stuff in stock, but I probably won't make it to them in time.
After hearing about so many of the sets dissapearing at the last minute, I
have to wonder what's going on!  Maybe there's just more demand than we
figured on?

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ed McGlynn writes:
Hi Tom -

Your list of finds resembled the Killeen, TX Target that I was visiting the
other day.  I wasn't able to get back there until late on Wednesday, and
almost all clearance LEGO was gone.  I wanted to get a 4561 for my son's
birthday, but I shouldn't have waited, I guess - $65 was a good price, but I
was tempted to wait because there were so many sets left!  So, some AFOL
probably beat both of us to it, and had a chance to get there early on
Wednesday.  My darn work got in the way again!  Timing was everything for
that particular store.

You're correct in selecting those types of locations - the population demand
on the product is lesser in some places, and that's good for us clearance
LEGO surfers.

Take care,
Ed