 Marketplace / Shopping / 8806

Subject:
Target Lies and Great Buys!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 02:21:07 GMT

Hi All,
  Target employees told me just three days ago that the next markdown
wouldn't happen until next week!  They said the markdowns were 2 weeks
apart!  Today sure caught me of guard when I went by and found the 75% sign
showing!  I still managed to do alright!
I got:
3 "railway expresses" at $32
2 Mars "Excavation Searchers" at $12.44
1 Mars "Manas" set at $22.24
2 Alpha Team "Bomb Squad" at $8.74
2 Explosion Studios at $7.44
4 Soccer "Team Transports" at $4.94
3 Soccer "Field Expansions" at $3.74
6 Soccer "Fans Grandstand" at $3.74
3 "Dino Head attacks" at $2.44
2 "Flash Speeders" at $2.44
5 Soccer "Womens team" at $2.44
I also found a "X-Wing Fighter" at Walmart for $20.
Not a bad days work if you ask me!
Who else made off like a bandit today?
Tom

Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!
In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Reed writes:
Hi All,
Target employees told me just three days ago that the next markdown
wouldn't happen until next week!  They said the markdowns were 2 weeks
apart!  Today sure caught me of guard when I went by and found the 75% sign
showing!  I still managed to do alright!
I got:
3 "railway expresses" at $32
2 Mars "Excavation Searchers" at $12.44
1 Mars "Manas" set at $22.24
2 Alpha Team "Bomb Squad" at $8.74
2 Explosion Studios at $7.44
4 Soccer "Team Transports" at $4.94
3 Soccer "Field Expansions" at $3.74
6 Soccer "Fans Grandstand" at $3.74
3 "Dino Head attacks" at $2.44
2 "Flash Speeders" at $2.44
5 Soccer "Womens team" at $2.44
I also found a "X-Wing Fighter" at Walmart for $20.
Not a bad days work if you ask me!
Who else made off like a bandit today?

Where the heck is this store. I have 6 Targets in my commute loop and none
of them had anything like this left even at the 50% level, especially the
railway expresses.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Renard Graham writes:
[...]

I've been finding the same thing here in the Pacific NW. Nothing stays on
the shelves very long around here. I checked out 3 or 4 Targets and they
only had a couple odds and ends at the 30% markdown left. I also did a
couple TRU, Walmarts, Kmarts and Fred Meyer stores. Very slim pickings for
any of the sale items. I often read about great sales and finds but I never
see anything left here in the NW. Lego goes pretty fast around here when
it's on sale.

Some parts of the country seem to have consistantly great sales on Lego,
does it sit on the shelf longer there?

Anyone else find it different?

Daniel

Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!
In Vancouver, WA - right in the middle of the Pacific NW - our Target has NO
clearance Lego left at all. Nothing. Two weeks ago there were Droid escapes
and Women Soccer Teams, but now it seems that an entire reset has been done
at this store and there is nothing left :-(

-Todd
Lugnet Member #949