 Marketplace / Shopping / 8829
Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 02:06:00 GMT

You may be right Frank!  I've heard a number of stories of these sets
dissapearing at the last minute.  I can't believe there is that many AFOLs
in these areas that I'm not familiar with.  Sure some, but not that many!
I'm wondering if maybe there is just more single lego buyers than I would
have guessed.  Given a chance to buy it cheap I can understand where more
people may be tempted to buy.  An interesting note is that most of the
buyouts that I've heard about occurred before the price dropped the third
time.  Makes me think that they didn't know about the upcoming final reduction.
Tom
In lugnet.market.shopping, Frank Filz writes:

Note that it may not be an AFOL. There are plenty of folks selling LEGO
on eBay who are not fans. They have just discovered that it does well.
These folk may not necessarily buy a lot for their own kids and may not
normally be in the demographic that buys LEGO, but once they get their
money ball rolling, can easily afford to clean out a store at deep
clearance. It's quite conceivable they are employees, and depending on
store policy and individual managers, may have an easy time sucking off
deep clearance items (and honestly, I see little problem with a store's
policy allowing the employees to skim the clearance so long as there are
some controls to make sure they don't just decide to deep clearance
something so some entrepeneur employee can make a bundle).