 Marketplace / Shopping / 8806
  Target Lies and Great Buys!

Hi All, Target employees told me just three days ago that the next markdown wouldn't happen until next week! They said the markdowns were 2 weeks apart! Today sure caught me of guard when I went by and found the 75% sign showing! I still managed to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Where the heck is this store. I have 6 Targets in my commute loop and none of them had anything like this left even at the 50% level, especially the railway expresses. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) I've been finding the same thing here in the Pacific NW. Nothing stays on the shelves very long around here. I checked out 3 or 4 Targets and they only had a couple odds and ends at the 30% markdown left. I also did a couple TRU, Walmarts, (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Hey Renard, I'm in Texas! Home of the wide open spaces! The trick to finding legos down here is that we have fairly large communities/towns that are pretty much located in no-where land! The population is mostly farmers, ranchers and such, and (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

I found a similar thing in Wisconsin. I was at the West Allis Target Saturday Afternoon, and they had 13 of the Railway express for $64. All of the other Targets in the area had a few of them, but they were priced at $99. I went back on Wed nite, (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Hi Tom - Your list of finds resembled the Killeen, TX Target that I was visiting the other day. I wasn't able to get back there until late on Wednesday, and almost all clearance LEGO was gone. I wanted to get a 4561 for my son's birthday, but (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) snip Well, I am in the SF Bay Area, don't want to get too specific because there are still some targets at 50% that have some lego that can make me a decent profit on ebay if I can get them at 75%. I visited 6 Targets last night, 3 were at 75% (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

In Vancouver, WA - right in the middle of the Pacific NW - our Target has NO clearance Lego left at all. Nothing. Two weeks ago there were Droid escapes and Women Soccer Teams, but now it seems that an entire reset has been done at this store and (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Novato, Vacaville, or Livermore? If it is Vacaville, watch out for Maggie.... :-) Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Note that it may not be an AFOL. There are plenty of folks selling LEGO on eBay who are not fans. They have just discovered that it does well. These folk may not necessarily buy a lot for their own kids and may not normally be in the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Too late! Anyway VV was a bust-- there is too much competition in this town from cutthroat women who are there at 8 am markdown day. I couldn't be there this year-- all I managed to get was two Droid Escapes at 50% off. Although I did pick up (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) snip (...) OK, I plan to reveal my shopping locations tomorrow becasue my wife just called and told me that the store by us has gone to 75% and by then I will tell you where in the Bay Area I am. If things go as planned I will be selling these (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Interesting - that puts you somewhere in or near Crockett or Vallejo... Paul Sinasohn (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

There are a bunch of places in Texas that are ripe for picking! I've had really good luck in the northeast area! I've always wanted to check out the southern points. Maybe someday I will! I have a few spots that might still have some good stuff in (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

You may be right Frank! I've heard a number of stories of these sets dissapearing at the last minute. I can't believe there is that many AFOLs in these areas that I'm not familiar with. Sure some, but not that many! I'm wondering if maybe there is (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Pittsburg, Pinole, Pleasant Hill... -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Antioch, Benicia, Concord... Maggie (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) Okay, it's time for me to reveal what's been happening in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley. I saw most of what Tom mentioned on Wednesday morning as I was one of the cutthroats Maggie C. mentioned. Other notable items I saw but did not buy: (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

Way to go Dave! I knew there were others who found some buys! I bet the next time you get some competition in that area! haha I personally found those Watto sets to be good buys. I picked up all I could find at 50% off! enjoy, Tom (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) I managed to track down 1 Railway Express at 75% off here in Nashville. A week ago I bought 2 at 50% off. By the time I went around to 3 of the Targets near me Thursday morning most of the Lego was gone. I did find a Spinosaurus attack JP3 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) So Dave, which location(s) have the best selection? My wife works in the Valley, and I'd like to pick some of that stuff up, if it is still available. At the very least, I'd like to know which stores to check in the future! Thanks! Conrad (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Well Richard and Maggie are the winners, I live in Antioch, but the Target is Pittsburg, though I do check the Livermore one on my way home, as Paul had suggested. I will tell my tale of the Lego Life on Mars 7317 at lunch today because it can (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dave Johann writes: <snip>... (...) Again, I'm not so sure it's obviously a return, I'm finding a large number of sets being torn open on the shelves and stripped of important parts. I'm in the Hudson Valley of NY, and (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

What part of Nashville are you located? I went to the Rivergate Target (Madison) and they only had 50% off, and all the Lego except six or seven Artic Value packs were all that remained. :( My Wal-Mart findings: Gallantin, TN 30% Hendersonville, TN (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Believe it or not, Lego is rilly rilly popular with families. ;-) Seriously, the last Target I was in, last weekend at the 50% level, there must have been 12 or 15 people walking up and down the clearance aisles -- most with kids in tow, and (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

SO, Did any body anywhere in the Bay Area find any more trains or not!? And are you all coming to the BAYLUG meeting Feb 10th? mark (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) Actually what I found happening at my Target was that they stood the sets up on their side to display them. The weight of the train stuff inside caused the seals to give way and for some of the parts to spill out. I tried to push the contents (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) Those little boxes ($1.97 at walmart ?) are probably the single most ravaged item I have observed. Most stores have anywhere from 1-10 of those already broken into. Next time, perhaps TLC should put that type of item in a really strong polybag (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) I'm on the west side (Bellevue). I checked White Bridge Road, Cool Springs, and Hickory Hollow on Thursday and they were all at 75% off as of Wednesday morning. I had checked Rivergate last Saturday and decided they had nothing worth going (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

And I've checked the Lebanon Rd (Donelson) and Antioch Targets, and found virtually nothing on clearance. By the way, are you guys involved in tennlug (www.tennlug.com)? We're trying to organize a meeting soon. Seth. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Clearance Mom's (was Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!)

(...) No kidding. These Target mom's are scaring me! I was at a Target on wednesday morning because I had a hunch things would go to 75%. As I walked through, the place looked the same as usual, then I hit the toy isle. Utter savagery, moms running (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Clearance Mom's (was Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!)

(...) I decided to hit my Target Wednesday just as they opened. One other person was hitting the toy aisle but had no interest in LEGO. Over a week ago at another Target I saw someone else buying 50% off LEGO and we chatted a bit. She also mentioned (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) Conrad, I can honestly say that after two years of doing this-I can't answer that because it varies. Until the 75% off occurred, the 405 store had by far the best selection. Wednesday morning, that selection stunk. The store at DeSoto is (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) The reasons why I suspect it was a returned item: 1) It was resealed like new 2) the instructions were obviously well used. 3) many of the bags were opend just enough to allow for the passage of certain parts while keeping others inside. These (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) They've already taken steps to secure these boxes. The older style box had the traditional Lego pulltab in back. The newer ones don't. The new boxes are very tough to open and consequently, I've noticed fewer instances of Kanohi theft. -Dave (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) You said it! I got the 1349 also, no coupon - but still I thought it was a great deal. The box looked like it had been in a war, very nasty looking. I asked if there were parts missing if I could return it, they said no problem. But this is (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) WOW! You were missing more than I was. My list: Actress and Stuntman Car All animals Bay Windows support pillars the 8 x 32 baseplate the software other assorted bits and pieces My store won't take it back and frankly, I don't want to return (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) snip I posted it in another thread where I tell the tale of the LOM 7317, but it is easy to miss. My wife scored 3 at the 75% off price. The funny thing is they were not there the night before, I checked. She also said the clerk was bringing (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

Yes, but I have not heard anything else for the past week or so. Scott Member 718 (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.org.us.tennlug)